27 June 2001

bleh.

Today did not start out very well. Either slept through, or accidentally turned off my alarm. Or it's quite possible that the bloody thing just never went off. I am, after all, still using the alarm clock my parents had in their bedroom when I was growing up. I have no idea what the half-life of clock-radios is, but I may have exceeded it... So I've been running an hour or so late all morning.

Last night, on the other hand, was nifty. Saw Unbreakable at last. My Amanda bought the DVD and brought it over, and we turned out all the lights, and she watched me watch a movie she loves with great glee. Without giving anything away, I must say that I want to see this adapted as a graphic novel is such the big old way. Inside my head, I see it as a very Frank Miller Batman Year One style, only with cool colours instead of warm.

Oh, and if you'd like to see some nifty pencil sketches (the finished watercolours of which are included in the special edition DVD) check out AlexRossArt.com. Alex Ross is a local illustrator who is one of the most amazing talents in the comics world, and now that the WB Studio Stores are disappearing, I will no longer be able to stand and bask in his glory at Water Tower Place, so the website will have to suffice...

Oh! And I am way jazzed, 'cause I emailed Rachel, one of my editors at The 11th Hour and asked if I could write the American Gods book review. So look for that August 11th.

No comments: